Related upcoming events
25-05-18 9:00 am - 26-05-18 4:00 pm
Bringing Baby Home (Developed by Gottman Institute)
BRINGING BABY HOME (BBH) is a two day psycho-educational experiential workshop, created by the Dr. John and Julie Gottman to help prepare and assist couples for the changes and challenges that come with the birth of a child. The program aims to provide the tools couples need to be the best parents they can be while maintaining the quality of their relationship and building a strong and healthy family together.
WHY ATTEND THE BBH WORKSHOP?
Research shows that although couples report high relationship satisfaction during pregnancy, 2 out of 3 couples will experience a significant drop in relationship satisfaction within 3 years of the child’s birth. Research shows that improving your relationship before or shortly after the birth of your child, not only benefits your marriage but also significantly benefits your child.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Expectant parents, new parents and parents with any children under 3 years old
- Those who want to strengthen a good relationship
- Those experiencing relationship difficulties
- Those needing to develop early co-parenting skills
BENEFITS FOR COUPLES
- Greater conflict management skills
- Greater sensitivity and responsiveness to infants signals
- Greater ability to co-parent, with greater father involvement and more secure father-infant attachment
- A decrease in symptoms of post-natal depression and anxiety in both mother and father
BENEFITS FOR CHILDREN
- Promotes emotional, social, cognitive and physical development
- Children develop ability to self soothe and are less distressed
- Sleep longer and cry less
- Learn complex language faster
- Form attachment security with parents
Come and join us for this so that you can...
Learn what it is to really love one another and your baby.
10-06-18 11:00 am - 10-06-18 12:00 pm
Do you have a child who loves to fish or is keen to get started? The RMYC Port Hacking has the perfect activity for your budding anglers!
Kids Fishing is a FREE event, hosted by the RMYC Port Hacking and sponsored by BCF Taren Point and SWF Constructions, held on the second Sunday of every month (excl May due to Mother’s Day) over Autumn & Winter.
Sunday, 6th May
Sunday, 10th June
Sunday, 8th July
Sunday, 12th August
From 11:00am – 12noon, kids can cast their rods and reels, learn how to fish safely and responsibly, and about marine life and the environment around them. The RMYC Port Hacking Club will be open and serving hot Hennessy Coffee from 11am, why not grab a cuppa and come join us on the Marina for a great morning activity the whole family can enjoy (away from computer screens and devices 😉 ).
There’s a presentation and prizes for for the biggest fish, most fish and first fish caught and a free sausage sizzle for all participants.
Anyone can join in the fun but all kids must be accompanied by an adult. Bookings are essential for bait and catering purposes. To book, call our friendly reception team on 9523 9300. Kids just need to bring a hat, bucket and fishing rod.
“Just wanted to say a big thank you to Stuart Fraser and the RMYC for the kids fishing club last Friday night. My husband and I went along with my two kids and great fun was had by all! Although the kids only managed to hook a small bream and a puffer fish (both returned to the ocean for a future kids fishing club, no doubt) the kids loved it. Great opportunity for the adults to enjoy some refreshments and a meal afterwards too! Great initiative. We intend to be back next month”