Join the Sydney Marine Debris Team as they head to the beautiful Garie Beach in the southern end of the Royal National Park* for their February beach clean-up. Due to
Join the Sydney Marine Debris Team as they head to the beautiful Garie Beach in the southern end of the Royal National Park* for their February beach clean-up. Due to the semi-remote nature of the area, sadly lots of marine debris washes up on Garie Beach’s pristine shores. We need your help to free the area of debris!
– Saturday 29 February 2020
– 10.00am – 1.00pm – Beach cleaning, followed by counting & sorting.
– Garie Beach – Garie Road, Royal National Park*
– Meeting Point – Look for the Sea Shepherd gazebo at the Garie Beach Surf Life Saving Club (plenty of nearby parking)
What to bring:
– Water in a reusable water bottle
– Be SunSmart and wear a hat
– Wear closed-in shoes
– If you have them, please bring along tongs, bucket and reusable gloves.
* Please Note: Entry fees apply when entering the Royal National Park as below. Come as a group and car pool, bring a picnic, your bathers and a towerl, plenty of water and make a day of it!
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach – cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There’s also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes. For vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day)
All our events are single-use plastic FREE. NSW National Parks are no smoking and pet free except for certified assistance pets.
Public transport options to the Royal National Park:
Further details on the Royal National Park: https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/picnic-areas/garie-beach-picnic-area
For the oceans!
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 1:00 pm