Community input helps us all!
If there’s something you’d like to see featured on the Mums of the Shire website then please let us know. Better yet, write a guest blog for us to help spread the word! We welcome guest posts from parents, grandparents, aunties and uncles, teachers, carers… anyone who has something helpful to contribute and can write about it is welcome to make a submission!
You might like to write about…
- Personal experiences
- Tips for parents and carers
- Park and playground reviews
- Places to explore
- Free/fun things to do
- Local Mum Feature
Anything that’s relevant to being a parent in Sydney will be considered.
Please submit your guest post via email after reading the guest post guidelines below or submit your Local Mum Feature here.
Before you begin
We’ve put together a quick guide to writing for Mums of the Shire in the Guest Post Guidelines below. Before you write anything though, please send us a quick email to [email protected] Let us know what your background is and what your guest post would be about and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can to give you the green light- we’d hate for you to spend time writing something we’ve already got hidden on the site!.
If you have some great (high quality) photos that you took yourself of a unique local experience that you’d like to share, and can string a few words together to describe that experience, then you’re on your way to writing a guest blog for us!
Please note: We do not accept guest posts that are advertising a product or service, or are sponsored in any way. If you’d like to advertise with Mums of the Shire or have us review a product, please email [email protected] for our media kit.
- Length of the guest post should be 500-700 words.
- Style: conversational, easy to read.
- Format: Rather than long sections of text, the article should be broken up into sections for easy reading. Think along the lines of paragraphs that have sub-headings, bullet points, and so on.
- We reserve the right to edit your post. In the case that we need to edit substantially, we will email the revised post to you for approval prior to publishing. An introduction may be added to provide context. A conclusion may also be added to tie your article to existing content on the Mums of the Shire website.
There are no limits to the areas we’d like to cover on Mums of the Shire, however, we do require the topic to be highly relevant to local families.
We require 2 to 6 images relevant to your guest post topic. These images MUST have been taken by and/or owned by you. Image specifications are as follows –
- High quality
- Landscape orientation
- 600 x 400 pixels
- No watermarks unless agreed to prior
- You are welcome to share these images via DropBox or other file sharing methods to ensure the highest possible quality.
Please feel free to include a brief 2-3 sentence bio. This may include links to your website, blog or social media accounts. A 150×150 pixel image to accompany your bio is also welcome.
You can view examples of guest posts on our website here.
Submitting your Guest Post to Mums of the Shire
Once your guest post is finalised, meeting the above requirements, please email the following to [email protected]:
- Written post in Microsoft Word or Google doc.
- Original images (.jpg or .png format) or a link to images to download.
- Your bio (if applicable).
Please allow up to 14 days for us to respond.
Thank you for considering submitting a guest post to Mums of the Shire! We can’t wait to hear more about your ideas and can be contacted at any time at [email protected] to discuss them further. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see when we share your post with our community on social media.