Would you like to share your expert knowledge and experience with our readers?
We’re always looking for expert contributors to write tips and short articles on relatable subjects.
Benefits of becoming a contributor with Mums of the Shire
- The article will remain on the website indefinitely and will be optimised for search engines. It can include one backlink to your website, boosting your credibility with Google.
- After publication, the article may be shared on our social channels and/or promoted in our monthly newsletter but there is no guarantee.
- You get an Author Profile at the bottom of all the articles you write –this includes a headshot, bio and links to your website and social media pages.
What should the article cover?
Articles may cover any topic or issue that’s interesting and relevant to Mums of the Shire readers. For example:
- Why Children Should be Swapping Screen Time for ‘Green Time’
- The bullies and the bullied: how to help when things turn nasty
- 6 things to consider before bringing home a furry friend
Before you start writing, you’ll need to first pitch the idea to our Editor, so we can check it’s the right fit and we haven’t published something similar recently. Please email your pitch to [email protected]
Tips for writing a great article
- Length: 500-700 words
- Style: conversational, easy to read
- Format: Rather than long sections of text, the article should be broken up into sections for easy reading. Think along the lines of paragraphs that have sub-headings, bullet points, and so on.
- All articles will be edited by Mums of the Shire prior to publication.
If you’re keen to join our team of contributors, please complete the application form below:
YOUR BUSINESS NAME:
- 2-6 images for the article
- Profile photo/headshot
- Blog submission (Word doc or Google doc)
Please allow up to 14 days for us to respond.
Thank you for considering submitting a guest post to Mums of the Shire! We look forward to your submission and can be contacted at any time at [email protected] to discuss them further. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see when we share your post with our community on social media.