Rain, Rain Go Away!
Fun wet weather attractions to visit in the Shire
Have the rainy-day blues got you stuck, twiddling your thumbs at home with your little ones? If you want to do something outside the house, here’s our top picks for things to do in the Shire that will help keep cabin fever at bay.
1. Stay warm at Hazelhurst Regional Gallery & Arts Centre. This cultural haven showcases some of the best Australian and International artists and there is almost always something special on for kids.
3. Visit your local library. Snuggle up and read your little one a book or if you’re lucky, you might even catch a free Story Time! Check out the calendar here.
5. Burn off all the pent-up-stuck-inside-energy at an indoor play-centre. You can find our top pics here.
6. There’s nothing better than a hearty pub meal on a rainy day and you could do worse than to spend an hour or two at a pub with an indoor play area like Tradies in Gymea, Cronulla RSL or Cronulla Golf.
7. Go shopping. You might as well power through a few indoor chores while it’s wet but make sure you choose a shopping centre with an indoor play area like at Westfield Miranda. They now have the added option of dropping the kids off at Mummas Little Secret for arts and craft activities while you get your shopping done, kid free.
8. Go bowling! AMF Southgate in Sylvania is a great rainy day venue for fun with kids. Bowling really is a family game with no real age or skill limitations so head to the alley and bowl your blues away!
9. Burn some energy at Sky Zone! They have lots of great deals hapening during the school holidays for the older kids and the little ones will love the Little Leapers sessions held every weekday morning during school terms.
10. And if you decide staying dry is not for you, there’s nothing wrong with getting wet when you’ve spent a couple of hours at an indoor swimming pool like the Sutherland Leisure Centre.