Great Easter Gifts that Support the Shire
You may have been a bit distracted, so for whoever needs to hear this, it’s just over a week until Easter! But before you rush off to the supermarket to purchase mass-produced bunnies, take a read through our list below.
All of the small business listed are based in the Sutherland Shire, or a stone’s throw from it. Their artisanal chocolate and fresh baked goods are lovingly hand-made and their sweets are hand-packed.
Rather buy your kids an Easter gift they can keep instead of eat? You’ll find small, local businesses offering Easter-themed toys, accessories, games and crafts on our list too.
Almost all of the below businesses will also offer delivery so you can avoid venturing out.
CHOCOLATES AND LOLLIES
- Essenze – A huge selection of hand-made novelty Easter chocolates that you can view online. Available for pick-up from their Caringbah store or home-delivery.
- Adora Handmade Chocolates – Gorgeous gourmet chocolates (including some vegan options)that can be viewed at their new Oatley store or online. Delivery available.
- Nina’s Chocolates – Drop in to their Gymea shop-front to select from their large gourmet Easter chocolates range.
- Evathea’s Treats – Delivers boxes of chocolates and sweets all over Sydney. Check out her range on Instagram and DM her to ask about a custom box.
- Love Lolly – Custom Easter lolly jars that are selling fast! Delivered in approx. 2 business days within Sydney metro areas.
- My Sweet Box – Sending out boxes full of Easter chocolates, hot cross buns, donuts and lollies
- Shire Sweets and Gifts – The largest range of lollies and Easter chocolates is at this Engadine store. Shop via Facebook and get your goods delivered.
- Kristie Kreations – Paint your own cookie kits and beautiful Easter biscuits available for delivery..Simply purchase via Instagram DM/phone call.
- Anne Marie Molloy Cookies – Fabulous Easter cookie packs ready to eat or decorate. Check them out on Instagram and call to order for Australia-wide delivery.
- Clever Cookie AU – Want completely custom-made gifts? Get in touch quickly!
- Helen Bakes Cakes – Beautifully-boxed Easter biscuit gift packs (biscuits). Find them on Instagram.
- Cakes by Capes – Gluten-free small and large Easter boxes of cupcakes and chocolates available for delivery.
- Cake and Sprinkles – Delicious Easter cupcakes, biscuits and cookie decorating kits that can be delivered within the Sutherland Shire.
CAKES AND CUPCAKES
- Sprinkles and Cream Cakery – The sweetest Easter cupcakes are selling out fast.
- Bec Bakes Cronulla – Full Easter range being released this weekend. Pick up from Caringbah or get weekend delivery.
- Baked beauties Sydney – A delightful range of macarons, cupcakes and cookies as well as Easter-themed cupcake decorating kits. They’re offering free delivery on Holy Thursday or Easter Saturday.
- Two good cupcakes – Easter packs of cookies and cupcakes come with free delivery in the Sutherland Shire.
NON-EDIBLE GIFT IDEAS
- Toothless – These hand-sewn cuddly toys are made in Cronulla and can be customised with your child’s name. Pick an Easter design (or Bluey or Trolls if you prefer!) Delivered direct to you.
- Regallo – In addition to Easter cookie boxes and biscuit pops there are sweet Easter plates and cups, prints, cards and toys.
- By Lauren Nicole – Grab this special Easter Sensory Squish kit while stocks last.
- Molly and Jack Online – Bunny books, headbands, accessories and toys make beautiful Easter gifts and can all be bought online.
- Funky Planet – Though not Easter-themed, purchasing one of these craft packs would be a fabulous addition to some eggs, which would also support a local business that has had to shut their doors temporarily.
Thank you for supporting small businesses in the Shire. We hope you have a lovely Easter with your family, no matter how you choose to acknowledge it.