Becoming a parent is one of the most special yet exhausting experiences that can transform a relationship. Navigating through the uncharted territory of parenthood together can be challenging, but there are ways to rekindle the passion and spark in the relationship that don’t require much effort or will break the budget. With a little bit of creativity and some dedicated date nights, couples can deepen their connection and create an even stronger bond than before.
- Schedule time for yourselves. Parenting can be all-consuming, so it’s important to make time for just the two of you. Set aside regular date nights or even just a few hours on the weekend where you can focus solely on reconnecting with each other. Make sure there are no distractions—no kids, no phones, no TV—and make it a priority. A Box’d Night In date kit is the perfect solution for date night, offering couples with a pre-planned date night.
- Get physical. Physical touch is vital for couples and can help re-ignite the spark in the relationship. Take time to snuggle on the couch, massage each other, or just give a hug. It doesn’t have to involve sex but can simply be an act of tenderness that helps to build intimacy.
- Take turns doing something special for each other. Little surprises can go a long way, so make sure you’re both taking the time to do special things for each other. This can be anything from bringing home a favourite snack or planning an adventurous outing.
- Talk, listen, and share. Communication is key to any relationship, so make sure that you’re both taking the time to really talk and listen to each other. Make sure you have a space where you can be honest with what’s on your mind without fear of judgement or criticism. Take turns telling each other one thing that was great about the day.
- Have fun together. Don’t be afraid to let go and have some silly fun! Whether it’s watching a funny movie or playing a board game, make sure you’re both taking time to enjoy each other’s company and laugh until your sides hurt.
Box’d Night In date night offers a pre organised date night kits that allows for a night of relaxation and connection for two. Our boxes are the perfect couples date night box and take date nights at home up a notch, with an exciting range of activities, treats and entertainment — thoughtfully pre-planned for you. Designed by busy parents for busy parents.