Let’s get down to brass tacks. The number one reason that mums across Australia send their children to childcare is that we work.
And there are plenty of different reasons we work. Maybe your family depends on the income, maybe it’s one thing that has helped you hold on to your identity outside of being a mum, maybe you enjoy the social aspect at the office, or the variety and enrichment that working adds to your life.
Whatever the case, in Sydney today, most mums are working mums.
And though many mums work just as much as their partners, we’re still the ones who most often carry what’s been deemed “The Mental Load”. If you haven’t heard about “The Mental Load” before, it essentially covers remembering (and then usually also performing) all the unpaid tasks that keep a household functioning- like remembering people’s birthdays, thinking of a gift they’d like and then buying and wrapping that gift and remembering to give it to them in time.
If it’s your responsibility to get the kids ready and drop them off at daycare in the morning, your mental load just got even bigger. Because if your childcare centre doesn’t offer a full-service, then you’re the one who has to:
- Remember to buy enough groceries so there’s food in the house to make lunches
- Remember what each child likes to eat
- Remember the dietary rules about what can and can’t be taken to childcare
- Remember to pack the lunches
- Remember to unpack the lunch boxes ready for next time
- Remember to buy nappies
- Remember to pack nappies
- Remember to buy and apply sunscreen
- Remember to wash bed linen
- Remember to pack bed linen
All this while trying to look after everyone’s emotional needs, physically get the kids, and yourself, ready and dressed to go. Never mind the challenges that lie in the working day ahead!
If the childcare centre you choose is a full-service one, though, this list of thankless tasks to remember is completely taken care of! Better yet, if the Centre you choose has a Pre School Program you can take advantage of these benefits for even longer before your child starts big school
And, yes, full-service childcare centres do typically cost more, but this is because they’re saving you more. Saving you time spent shopping, packing, washing and REMEMBERING! And time is money.
For the busy working mum based in Sydney CBD, you can’t go past the full-service of Guardian Education and Childcare Centres. Their full-service care includes the provision of nappies, meals, bottles, sunscreen, hats, bed linen and more and will free up your mind and your schedule so that you can get out the door in the mornings, minus the stress.
With eight childcare centres within Sydney’s CBD (as well as one locally-based in Caringbah), you can ensure that one of their Centres is in close proximity to your office. So you and the kids can get up, get dressed and go, and actually get to enjoy each other’s company on the commute.
Their full-service, however, is just the tip of the iceberg of Guardian’s high-quality care.
Other reasons you might choose Guardian Education and Childcare Centres include their:
- Large, permanent team of highly-qualified teachers and staff.
- State-of-the-art, custom-designed Centres and facilities.
- Focus on nutrition and wellbeing with on-site cooks and chefs.
- Renowned Preschool Programs, that offer all the benefits of long day care flexibility for families.
- Open-door policy for families, which mean you’re welcome to visit them on your lunch break or at any other time during the day.
- Special programs and excursions tailored for city Centres.
- Expert help to guide families through entitlements (e.g. the Child Care Subsidy).
- Play-based learning approach, which uses open-ended resources to inspire creativity and sustainability.
- Excellent online learning resources for continuing learning at home.
For a no-fuss experience that recognises your needs while caring for those of your children, get in touch with Guardian Education and Childcare Centres.
They have over 40 Childcare & Education Centres across Sydney, so you can be close to work and/or home. But more than just convenience, Guardian provides safe, nurturing environments that kids will love. Their approach encourages curiosity, inspires exploration and builds the confidence in kids that they need to take on the world.
Visit the Guardian website today to make an enquiry or book a tour through one of their Centres.