From the moment you discover you’re pregnant, you know your life is about to change in some very big ways.
Sometimes, however, it’s the little things that make you realise you’ve truly become a mum.
25 signs that you’re a mum…
- Your handbag quickly becomes a cesspool of dropped dummies, half-eaten snacks and random toys.
- You will randomly sway from side to side, even when there is no baby in your arms.
- Your favourite part of the day is having a shower (OK, maybe favourite part of the week in the early days when even showering is difficult to come by.)
- You have the Trolls/Wiggles/Frozen soundtracks on non-stop rotation.
- You’ve started calling people by their children’s names: “Hi Chloe’s Mum!”
- You could probably play the Bluey theme without any musical training.
- You wear baby vomit like a piece of statement jewellery, but often without realising it.
- You can’t remember what a sleep-in is.
- You’ve learnt that Peppa Pig is quite a brat.
- You cannot remember the last time you went to the toilet without an audience.
- You don’t leave the house without baby wipes.
- Your meals are a combination of your kids’ leftovers.
- You’ve learnt to love luke-warm coffee.
- You’ve developed ninja-like reflexes to catch your baby’s vomit mid-air.
- The room you cleaned five minutes ago is now covered completely in Lego pieces and you wonder why you bothered.
- You rock the shopping trolley back and forth when queuing in line as you instinctively think you are rocking the pram.
- You know where all the toilets are within your local area- because when your two-year-old says they need to go, you have about two minutes leeway.
- You have no clue what day of the week it is- Unless your kids go to daycare. You know those days.
- You wonder what the heck you did with all your time before kids.
- You no longer have “disposable income”.
- You feel like getting two kids to day-nap simultaneously is better than winning the lottery.
- You’ve re-washed the same clothes at least twice because you keep forgetting to hang them on the clothesline.
- You know more about Minecraft than you ever cared to.
- You have no idea which bars are now cool, but you’re an encyclopedia of playgrounds.
- You can’t go to the shops without being begged for a Kinder Surprise.
But you wouldn’t have it any other way- right?! Let us know the things that you would add to this special list!