Fun rainy day destinations to visit in the Sutherland Shire
Have the rainy-day blues got you stuck, twiddling your thumbs at home with your little ones? If you want to do something outside the house, here are our top picks for things to do in the Shire that will help keep cabin fever at bay.
1. Stay warm at Hazelhurst Regional Gallery & Arts Centre. This cultural haven showcases some of the best Australian and International artists and there is almost always something special on for kids.
6. There’s nothing better than a hearty pub meal on a rainy day and you could do worse than to spend an hour or two at a pub with a creche and/or indoor play area like Tradies Caringbah, Sporties at Kareela Golf Club, The Prince Hotel or Cronulla RSL.
7. Shop! You might as well power through a few indoor chores while it’s wet but make sure you choose a shopping centre with an indoor play area like South Village, Kirrawee or Westfield Miranda. You can even drop the kids off at Mummas Little Secret for arts and craft activities while you get your shopping done, kid-free.
8. Go bowling! AMF Southgate in Sylvania is a great rainy day venue for fun with kids. Bowling really is a family game with no real age or skill limitations so head to the alley and bowl your blues away!
10. Stop the kids climbing up the walls at home by taking them to climb until their heart’s content at Climbfit Kirrawee.
11. Get busy gaming. If you’re looking for a bright, busy distraction from the dreary outdoor weather, head to Timezone, Miranda where there are arcade games galore.
12. And if you decide staying dry is not for you, there’s nothing wrong with getting wet when you’ve spent a couple of hours at an indoor swimming pool like the Sutherland Leisure Centre.