Protein Packed Pea & Prawn BitesPrint This
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 300g fresh raw prawns, peeled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbs almond meal
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp lemon rind
- Boil or steam peas until peas are soft; drain.
- Blend peas, prawns, parsley, almond meal, garlic and lemon rind
- Use a teaspoon to measure small bite sized portions and roll into balls using oiled hands.
- Place the balls onto a plate, press down on each bite to flatten very slightly and then pop in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook the bites over medium heat for
3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
Blend the mixture well, especially if you have a younger baby. We want the mix to be smooth!
The mixture is quite sticky, you will need to wash your hands and re-oil them multiple times in the bite-making process.
These are protein packed and will keep bubs sustained for longer, they are the perfect meal time accompaniment or an ideal snack to curb those hunger pains.
These are wonderful for babies to struggle with the texture of plain prawns as the mix eliminates a lot of the rubbery-ness!
Freeze them for later! Don't keep in the fridge longer than two days, throw them in the freezer to make them last.
Visit @happybebebellies on Instagram for more great recipes, tips and tricks.