Banana Coconut MuffinsPrint This
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 extra ripe banana
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut (pre-toasted)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs coconut oil (+ extra for greasing tray)
- ¼ cup milk, or milk alternative
- Toast desiccated coconut on a pan on the stove until golden, allow to cool. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced. Mash banana roughly, leaving some little chunks.
- Place mashed banana, self-raising flour, coconut, egg, coconut oil and milk in mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Grease muffin tray with extra coconut oil to create a thin layer. Spoon mixture in to fill ⅔ of each cup. Tap the tray on the bench to settle mixture evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Serve with fresh fruit and natural yoghurt for breakfast, or toasted with a little butter for an afternoon snack!
Suitable for BLW 6mth+ provided you have given all ingredients individually prior to serving.
Make sure your banana is SUPER ripe, it’s the only ingredient offering sweetness, if your banana isn’t ripe, these muffins will taste bland.
I am using a mini muffin silicone tray from Kmart.
Freeze them for later! These will last for 3 months frozen. Just add a layer of baking paper between them so they are easy to thaw in potions.
Visit @happybebebellies on Instagram for more great recipes, tips and tricks.